I’m not usually one for making ‘official’ goals. Probably because the word in itself is a bit scary and daunting and NOPE.
(Although I did discuss in my goodbye 2016 post how I’d failed at a lot of my (unofficial) goals – which sort of proves my above point)
But I do believe it’s important to set goals. To have dreams and ambitions and things to achieve, no matter how big or small. And while I have an idea of the bigger stuff, here’s some smaller, more realistic goals I hope I’ll actually be able to say I achieved in 365 days time.
1. Take the stairs. I’m so bad for always getting the lift or the escalator, even in my block of flats where I’m only on the second floor which is a bit embarrassing. Stair lyf 2017.
2. Stop eating when full. Just because a meal is sexy AF doesn’t mean I have to finish it ALL, then proceed to spend the next 24 hours like a beached whale unable to move off the sofa.
3. Use the #TodayImGrateful hashtag on twitter more often.
4. Buy and read a new book once a month.
5. Remember to wear jewellery.
6. Eat more fruit.
7. Stop picking off every manicure I ever do.
9. Ask the gym to create me a workout plan.
10. But more socks because DEAR GOD my stress levels would be right down if I had a pair to hand every morning without having to ransack every drawer/ironing basket in the flat.
11. Check in with friends more.
12. Take more time to pamper myself – and stop confusing ‘me time’ with scrolling through Facebook and absentmindedly wasting 2 hours.
13. Go to the cinema more. With meerkat movies, my local cinema costs £7 for two of us to go and see a film. This year I want to make the most of it.
14. Do at least 7,000 steps per day. I know they recommend 10k but with the job I’m in it’s not always realistic.
15. Explore my own city more, outside of its bars and chain restaurants. Really get to know the cool places and things there are to do in Manchester.
16. Write things down. Take more notes. Stop assuming I’ll remember things because DAMN this brain is a sieve.
17. Support small businesses. Go to the butchers, local boutiques, buy prints from smaller stores/artists.
18. Get good sleep, consistently.
What are your goals for this year? Are you setting smaller goals or bigger, life changing ones?